Volkswagen Owners Thread

Talk about all your 1:1 scale toys. Cars, Trucks, Boats, Planes, Bikes, Quads etc.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby JeremyCollins13 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 am

which is cool. I always see, understand, and appreciate the work... Even if its not my style. Like the Real Old cars... Like 100 years. I hate the look of them but they're awesome. I guess I kinda run with the pack a bit... Lowered s10s are everywhere. I don't care though, I like my truck regardless of what others think
Keep your guy friends away from your car and your girlfriend. Theyre bound to throw a rod in one of them.

JeremyCollins13
MTF Elite

Postby deadsquirrle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm

I've loved the look of the VW rabbits/golfs since I saw a golf rc body awhile back. I was browsing my local CL and found this gem.

'78 Rabbit. I'll post the ad below the pics. Trying to talk my dad into it. I have talked to fr$-_-bd about it already and he told me to go for it if I can.

On with the pics.

(yes the pics are from Instagram. Follow me! fluryan)

I love this car but I've been offered something else that I have been waiting for. This is a 1978 VW Rabbit, in good shape. Was a drag and show car in the early 90's then put away after engine was blown. Just pulled it back out and swapped in a ABA from a 1995 Jetta with a euro grind cam. Engine is built for a small turbo but there is not one installed, turbo header can be included. Black paint is not terribly nice due to sitting in a barn for twenty years but sections of it have polished up well. It does have some rust but is overall pretty nice. Interior has a stock leather rear seat and Audi Fox GT recaro front seats, nice grant steering wheel. It has a full power sliding ragtop that has been installed from a Renault Fuego which works well. The car has Audi disc brake conversions front and rear which was the way to do it when it was built, all work well. It is on 15" BBS RS with pretty worn Toyo t1s. Has euro bumpers, a quad headlight grille and a Zender front spoiler. It does need some elbow grease, the cloth roof panels need to be reaffixed, the right rear brake spring squeaks, the starters bendix doesn't always engage and it is a 35 year old car.

I'm set on the price; I can take $1000 off if you don't want the wheels, it will then come on mismatched steelies.

Email me for pictures but include the term MKI so that I know it isn't spam.

What's MTF think? He wants $4500 with the BBS wheels
1/24 Pan car

Interested in micro t sprint car conversion? I may work on making a small run of them. PM me.
deadsquirrle
MTF Elite

Postby Artur Fischer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 pm

just got one like this one, but with tinted windows

DT 2.4GHz 2S
Highroller 5300KV 2S
Tamiya M04L

and always loading a build..

Nobody breath!! I lost a c-clip.
Artur Fischer
Forum Addict

Postby orangejulius » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 am

Deadsquirrle:

Car looks super clean; fair price if its rust free. It would amost be a shame to use it daily, especially in the winter. Not too many clean MKI left in our part of the country.

Artur Fischer:

Nice! I wish we got these state side.

Just a few updated pictures:

orangejulius
Forum Addict

Postby deadsquirrle » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Was in Delphos

(kinda like a city to us from Fort Jennings. Delphos actually has gas stations, fast food restaurants, car dealerships, grocery stores, ect. lol)

about a week ago (Dec 22). While we were leaving the grocery store I looked across the road and there is a field. About 80 yards past the road, after the field there is a fairly large farm. Old farmhouse with a few barns and alot of grain silos. Sitting behind an auger there was a little sky blue bunny.

My dad knows the older guy that lives there. (has sold farm equipment to him in the past) and gave me his number. I called and his wife answered. He wasn't there atm but she told me to call back the next day. I've been pretty busy around Christmas here and just keep forgetting to call. I called about half an hour ago and his wife answered. As soon as I spoke "I'm calling about the.." she said, "oh yes, just a minute"

Her husband answered the phone and I talked to him. He said he talked to his boy and his boy doesn't give a damn what happens to it. He isn't using it anymore after this farming season. (he has a hitch on the front of it. Would tow it behind tractors and s**t from farm to farm so he had a ride back) now he has a 4wheeler or something he is using. So he doesn't care what happens to the rabbit.

I found out it's a '82, 4 on the floor, diesel.

Going to go check it out tomorrow afternoon. It's surrounded by like 3 feet of snow drifts and stuff lol. So maybe he will give it to me if I dig it out! :lol:

He said it runs and drives fine. Transmission works as it should. Just don't need it anymore. He said he wasn't planning on getting rid of it but it's doing no good sitting there. He was very nice and said he would like to see someone take it that is going to make use of it.

I know nobody cares about all of the extra stuff and dialect but thought I would throw it in. Sure hope this goes well and I get myself a nice little project.
1/24 Pan car

Interested in micro t sprint car conversion? I may work on making a small run of them. PM me.
deadsquirrle
MTF Elite

Postby orangejulius » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am

Sounds like a cool find! Aside from the mechanicals (big thing, look at the injection pump if its wet it is leaking and a rebuild / new one will be 2x to 4x what your going to pay for the car $$), and obvious appearance issues, take a close look at the strut towers, front inner fenders, fire wall, rear trunk floor, under the rockers (pinch welds) and the attachment points for the front a arms. Rust will be normal in these locations. You can take care of the rockers, floors, body panels, etc, however bad rot through on the strut towers / attachments or a arm mounts (there is no subframe in these cars) is a death sentence unless you have time, desire, and the skills to do somewhat complex structural welding in these areas. Also be prepared to open up your wallet for maintenance items (shocks / struts, strut mounts, brake lines, brakes, exhaust, timing belt, fuel lines, etc a car living the life you described surly did not get perfectly maintained. Just some things to keep in mind. Good luck.
orangejulius
Forum Addict

Re: Volkswagen Owners Thread

Postby the STIG » Fri May 23, 2014 5:08 am

anyone know about the Passat's from the mid 90's? ive been eyeballin one for a few weeks now
one proud micro driver and pokemon trainer!
proud to say i have driven almost every micro!
Now with B5m and Spec RS1 drift mod in fleet
Four years and still somewhat kicking in the mud
the STIG
Forum Addict

Postby tiximcfly » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 am

the STIG wrote:anyone know about the Passat's from the mid 90's? ive been eyeballin one for a few weeks now

You mean the b5 like this one (its My Daily drive ) model since 97

Or the older model? Pre 97..I pretty much know everything about both so just ask :wink: :thumbup:
tiximcfly
Noob

Postby AndrewS » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:23 am

That Passat looks sick.
AndrewS
Noob

Postby the STIG » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:36 am

its pre 97, i went to try and check the engine on it, but the driver door wouldnt open, my dad was bummed when i told him its not worth all of the repairs on it... would have been a nice car too :(
one proud micro driver and pokemon trainer!
proud to say i have driven almost every micro!
Now with B5m and Spec RS1 drift mod in fleet
Four years and still somewhat kicking in the mud
the STIG
Forum Addict

Postby Rabiddavid » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 am

tiximcfly wrote:You mean the b5 like this one (its My Daily drive ) model since 97

That is a very nice Passat
Rabiddavid

Postby tiximcfly » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Thx guys!you can find lots of pics of It on instagram (same username as here) or i can post more on here if someone is intrested :)

@thestig : first of all every Volkswagen is worth repairing :D second , a door NOT opening on a pre97 model is nothing serieus , It cant Be :D is just a mechanical lock with a cable to te Handle :D
tiximcfly
Noob

Postby Rabiddavid » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah post em mate. I am no longer a VW owner, but we can all appreciate a nice car =)
Rabiddavid

Volkswagen Owners Thread

Postby BrakeWeight » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:52 pm

I built the motor in my 2004 GLI and added a hybrid turbo. Slightly lowered it, too.

Most recent pic before a work trip.
BrakeWeight
Noob

Previous

Return to Big Boy Toys