1:48 Atomic Mini Racers

Post your questions, news, reviews, and talk about Atomic Micro and Mini Racers.

Moderator: Mod Squad

1:48 Atomic Mini Racers

Postby tokin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm

check these 1/48 Atomic mini racers out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKo3xuy2UWw

these look better to me.. don't think they have any connection to atomic racing..
turn off the tv!!
tokin
Forum Addict

Re: 1:48 Atomic Mini Racers

Postby JatoTheRipper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:56 am

tokin wrote:check these 1/48 Atomic mini racers out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKo3xuy2UWw

these look better to me.. don't think they have any connection to atomic racing..

I believe those are just re-branded WL Toys.
JatoTheRipper
Forum Addict

Postby tokin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

And are they rubbish?
turn off the tv!!
tokin
Forum Addict

Postby JatoTheRipper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm

tokin wrote:And are they rubbish?

I have no experience with the WL toys, but they get pretty good reviews on the forums and on YouTube. Plus, they're pretty inexpensive. $29.95 + shipping from NitroRCX: http://www.nitrorcx.com/28c-l939-buggy-black.html
JatoTheRipper
Forum Addict

Postby Rabiddavid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Got a couple of the atomic mini racers today from tokins suggestion (cheers mate) and so far I have been quite impressed. Drives quite nicely really and it jumps great suprisingly. I bought it for some indoor fun so wanted something small, and because its 2.4 and lipo I thought it was worth a go.

A few points I have noticed...
1. Its not 1/48 scale imo, its the same length as a DT
2. (edit) just realised the toggle allows 5 modes...so ignore this
3. You turn car on before the transmitter

I did film the unboxing , but tbh was dodgy to say the least as firstly I was trying to film on phone and unbox which made me look ham fisted and secondly my misses kept laughing at me trying to speak BBC english. I then got my 5 year old to film some footage on her ipod but it is a bit like an rc version of the blair witch project. Lastly, after getting the jump out and having a bad topple, my daughter then says "oh F**k" then realises what she has just said and tries to pretend she said fox lol.

Anyway, so far for 25 quid, its been pretty good.

IMG_0986[1].JPG
Rabiddavid

Postby Dialed_In » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Rabiddavid wrote:I did film the unboxing , but tbh was dodgy to say the least as firstly I was trying to film on phone and unbox which made me look ham fisted and secondly my misses kept laughing at me trying to speak BBC english. I then got my 5 year old to film some footage on her ipod but it is a bit like an rc version of the blair witch project. Lastly, after getting the jump out and having a bad topple, my daughter then says "oh F**k" then realises what she has just said and tries to pretend she said fox lol.

:lol:
Dialed_In

Postby murikha » Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Rabiddavid wrote:Got a couple of the atomic mini racers today from tokins suggestion (cheers mate) and so far I have been quite impressed. Drives quite nicely really and it jumps great suprisingly. I bought it for some indoor fun so wanted something small, and because its 2.4 and lipo I thought it was worth a go.

A few points I have noticed...
1. Its not 1/48 scale imo, its the same length as a DT
2. (edit) just realised the toggle allows 5 modes...so ignore this
3. You turn car on before the transmitter

I did film the unboxing , but tbh was dodgy to say the least as firstly I was trying to film on phone and unbox which made me look ham fisted and secondly my misses kept laughing at me trying to speak BBC english. I then got my 5 year old to film some footage on her ipod but it is a bit like an rc version of the blair witch project. Lastly, after getting the jump out and having a bad topple, my daughter then says "oh F**k" then realises what she has just said and tries to pretend she said fox lol.

Anyway, so far for 25 quid, its been pretty good.

IMG_0986[1].JPG

Excellent, I Like it. thanks
Last edited by Dialed_In on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed user inserted link
murikha

Postby Rabiddavid » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:05 pm

No probs, it's great for the money. When my friends little kids come to my house, they are drawn to all my cars, and most are just too much for little ones to handle, so I let them play with this one on the slowest setting and they always love it and nothing gets trashed in my house :)
Incidentally ..... I don't recall saying Paris Shuttle transfers in my original post?!?
Rabiddavid

Postby Dialed_In » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Rabiddavid wrote:I don't recall saying Paris Shuttle transfers in my original post?!?

Fixed
Dialed_In

Postby microjam » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:51 am

These are now the WL L939s and appear to be superior to the Q32s except for the lack of replacement parts. (sadly)
microjam
Noob

Return to Atomic Micro and Mini Racers